Ok, ok, ok, I know what people are thinking. In yesterday’s post, I definitely said I wasn’t writing anything for the rest of the week. I lied, son. I know that’s something Donald Trump is extremely used to. If anyone feels a way about my fib, sue me. I also know that’s something Trump is intimately used to. In any case, I’d like to officially thank Michael Moore for rejuvenating me, man. After reading his “Morning After To-Do List,” I’m definitely ready to tackle the impending shenanigans and do my part to make this country what it truly needs to be.
Now, before I continue, I want everyone to actually read what Moore said. It might be a little lengthy, but it’s well worth it, son. So, here we go:
Morning After To-Do List:
1. Take over the Democratic Party and return it to the people. They have failed us miserably.
2. Fire all pundits, predictors, pollsters and anyone else in the media who had a narrative they wouldn’t let go of and refused to listen to or acknowledge what was really going on. Those same bloviators will now tell us we must “heal the divide” and “come together.” They will pull more hooey like that out of their ass in the days to come. Turn them off.
3. Any Democratic member of Congress who didn’t wake up this morning ready to fight, resist and obstruct in the way Republicans did against President Obama every day for eight full years must step out of the way and let those of us who know the score lead the way in stopping the meanness and the madness that’s about to begin.
4. Everyone must stop saying they are “stunned” and “shocked.” What you mean to say is that you were in a bubble and weren’t paying attention to your fellow Americans and their despair. YEARS of being neglected by both parties, the anger and the need for revenge against the system only grew. Along came a TV star they liked whose plan was to destroy both parties and tell them all “You’re fired!” Trump’s victory is no surprise. He was never a joke. Treating him as one only strengthened him. He is both a creature and a creation of the media and the media will never own that.
5. You must say this sentence to everyone you meet today: “HILLARY CLINTON WON THE POPULAR VOTE!” The MAJORITY of our fellow Americans preferred Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump. Period. Fact. If you woke up this morning thinking you live in an effed-up country, you don’t. The majority of your fellow Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he’s president is because of an arcane, insane 18th-century idea called the Electoral College. Until we change that, we’ll continue to have presidents we didn’t elect and didn’t want. You live in a country where a majority of its citizens have said they believe there’s climate change, they believe women should be paid the same as men, they want a debt-free college education, they don’t want us invading countries, they want a raise in the minimum wage and they want a single-payer true universal health care system. None of that has changed. We live in a country where the majority agree with the “liberal” position. We just lack the liberal leadership to make that happen (see: #1 above). Let’s try to get this all done by noon today. — Michael Moore
Moving on, I won’t lie as if I wasn’t fired up after reading that. The time is NOW to make major changes in the political landscape. No more can candidates from any of our parties just make empty promises with no returns. In addition, the elected officials who are already on the inside need to be held accountable for EVERYTHING they do. Voting is not where our participation ends, it’s only the beginning, man. If these politicians don’t want to put the will of the people first, then they need to get the fuck out of the way! Finally, the Electoral College needs to go, son. Once again, this old fashioned establishment royally screwed the people. Despite receiving the most overall votes, Clinton got trounced in the Electoral College, and now our president is basically the living embodiment of Lex Luthor. With that being said, we all need to be Superman, son.
In the end, I’m charged up, man! Going forward, everyone who reads this blog needs to know my writing won’t be dumbed down. I’m going for the jugular on every issue that matters, son. For those who are with it, let’s get the proceedings proceeding. For those who aren’t, sign off now! The movement doesn’t need those type of people. Good day!
P.S. I definitely see all of the protests happening around the country, man. I just have one question: did all of those protestors vote? If they didn’t, I need them to take their dumbasses back in the house. We had a chance to keep this lunatic out of the Oval Office and we failed to do our job. I’m happy to see the spirit of the people, but more of us should’ve exercised our right to vote. Six million LESS people voted for Clinton than voted for Obama four years ago. That shit made a HUGE difference, son! As of right now, we need to hold Trump’s feet to the fire and ensure he doesn’t send this country off the rails. Let’s go!
P.P.S. I’m starting to see White people get aggy in my various comments sections on social media. Look, folks better keep it cute and not try any shit in person. All I know is, Trump can’t save them from catching these hands, son. That is all.